Friday, December 3, 2010

I wish I was 17 again


17 is the best age in our life, I believe it is because at this age we are still a minor, which means that your parents still have to pay for what ever we need.  At this age we feel adults, not quite there yet but we feel old enough to make our own decisions not always the right ones because somehow still innocents. At 17 we kind of start showing up late home and a sorry would fix all the trouble we would get into.  I don’t know about you guys but when I was 17 I wanted to be older I don’t know why, probably because the chick I was interested in liked older guys or I just wanted to be able to go to those fancy bars and nightclubs… I don’t really know.
Now that I am way older I want to go back to those days and make all the pranks I had in mind but always scare to do.  Ask that girl that I liked to go out but never did because at the time she seems to be into older guys to later find out that she had a crush on me too. Too shy or may be just too coward… don’t know but one thing I know now is that I see things a lot different from what I used to and able to do those things I couldn’t. I wish we all were 17 forever because as we get older we star noticing the responsibilities and adulthood are not fun anymore.
it is funny how when we are young we want to be older, and when we get older we wish to be young again.  All i can say is enjoy every moment in life, every second, every hour, every day, week, month and year.  

2 comments:

  1. I like this entry. Although I am not 17 yet, I'm afraid of growing old and taking on responsibilities without the support by my parents. I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you Juan. I especially like the last paragraph. It's so true; as we're young we wish to get older as we're older we wish to be young again. What a cycle.
    In my own opinion, I do want to be older and yet at the same time keep the fun I'm having at this age. It's impossible, but hey, one can wish can't they? :].

    ReplyDelete