Monday, October 18, 2010

Super Juan

  It is complicated to see that time changes everything and everybody. Last week i was going through my pictures from high school and i started to remember my days in the varsity soccer team. All the memories from the days of practices in the rain, sun or snowy weather at the Southwest Athletic Complex, the home field of the Chief Sealth Seahawks.  I remember i was strong and with good physical condition, thanks to that i was good in sports. I used to love getting on the field start running, non stop, jumping on the basket ball court, going from one side to another on the volleyball court.
 Everything started when i was a little kid, i was born in a large family with lots of cousins, all of us were into sports and everyone wanted to be better. Now in Seattle I would go out and practice everyday, because i wanted to shine, i wanted to be better in sports.  Everyday i used to spend a lot of time trying something new, trying to make it more difficult. By doing this I did became better, going out on the field  i felt like if i was super man, unbreakable, unstoppable.  I remember i twisted my ankles several times but that did not stopped me, because i would be already doing sports again three days later. I loved everything about those moments being very physical, getting nervous before our matches, knowing that in the other team there will be players that wanted to beat our team.  Yelling and screaming motivating each other to give our hundred percent out on the field. I love those memories.
On 2004 while i was playing basket ball I broke my knee, that injured also broke Super Juan and all i had worked for.  It was very hard, that changed my life a lot that is the worst injure an athlete could have, personally just me i had to be in bed for three long, boring moths. I thought i was going to be fine but no after that injury i was not the same, my knee was not the same and worse, me mentally i was not fine.
   I finished going through my pictures and i decided to go out in a field for a run, the pictures got me motivated to do some sports.  Sp i get to the field and started to make plans about what my workout of the day was going to be. Thinking i could go about 10 times around the field just to take it easy and without thinking started running.  Hahaha funny after the second lap i had to stop, i could not go anymore.  Man i am so out of it i think i should of change the title of this post to: "Juan So Out of Shape" because at this time i am still sore. I ask myself is it too late to do this?

1 comment:

  1. It's never too late to do what you love. Go for it :].
    You know, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. And I think that it's just that. I believe in you Super Juan. I know that even though you think you're tied with fate right now, you'll make those PKs and win in the end. Go out and win that game. Si se puede.

    ReplyDelete