Two weeks before this date I was boarding a plane to the Airport of Newark, New Jersey; i just said two weeks because i don't remember the exact date. I was exited to see my aunt Hortencia that had lived in New Brunswick NJ for a long time, and i had not seen her since the time she was leaving Mexico. She is very nice to me and once she found out that I was in Seattle she found a way to get in touch with me. Once she got my phone we kept communicating each other and pretty much on each time we talked she used to invited me to go over to which I could not because I was in school. Summer arrived and I decided to go over, she bought the tickets and sooner that i thought i was already flying to the East Coast. I had my seats next to a window and i was looking out all the time. When we were close to the airport the pilot announced that we were arriving toe the Airport of Newark i kept looking out, i was already tire but kept looking out. The airplane started to go low and lower and not too far from where we were landing i could see two giant buildings that looked like two gigantic graphic bars. Yes those buildings were telling me that we had arrived to New York. I spend two weeks in the East Coast going to different cities with my aunt. On August 26 we went to Manhattan Island, and visited different touristic places there. The place that amazed me the most was the visit to the top of World Trade Center. The day was beautiful, it was hot and sunny with no clouds at all, so the view from the top of the World Trade Center was nothing more than amazing. At the top of the building there were two floors just for tourists, one inside of the building and another on the ceiling of the building. In the floor inside of the building you could buy souvenirs, you could also see a model of Manhattan with all its streets and buildings. Inside too you could look out there were some type of seats... no not seats, something like a bed of metal bars where you could lay horizontally "/" and face outside and down the building, in this position you could see down the tons of people, and the cars in the streets, it was a really nice experience. I stayed in one of those beds for a long time just wondering how they were built and how much more time of life will they have. Outside now you could feel the nice air waves that were going in different directions, it made me feel like if i was flying. Out there you could look around, the building was very hight and because of that it used to give one of the best and peaceful views that i have seen so far.
In Manhattan we visited other places then we went back to my aunt's house because i had to fly back to Seattle on the next day. Came back to Seattle and kept with my normal life going to work, going to school just my usual life here.
Every morning i used to set up my alarm clock to be on radio, at the time i did not understand much english but i noticed that the guy who i used to listen in every day before school was not joking like he used to do every morning. This time he was sad and talking quiet, when he was speaking the only thing i understood was World Trade Center that is when i got up from bed and turn on the TV. It was really really sad what i was seeing on TV, I could not believe that the one of those towers was falling apart and the other tower was already hit with big chances of going down too... I did not want to believe it, two weeks and three days exactly, I was there after that nothing was the same to most people in the United States.

No comments:
Post a Comment